Maintaining the VistaPure system is simple and requires only periodic checks of water quality (with the provided TDS meters) and appropriate filter changes.
Please note: it is NOT typically necessary to change all of the VistaPure filters at the same time. The Prefilter & Polishing filter should be changed at least once per year, and the Deionization and Hyperfiltration filters changed only as needed, as indicated by TDS test.
If your TDS readings determine that it’s necessary to change your Hyperfiltration Element or Deionization filters—or if it’s time to change your Prefilter and Polishing filter, which should be changed annually—please refer to our separate video on changing VistaPure™ Water Purification System filters to see how this simple process is performed.
Filter Position & Replacement Thresholds
- Prefilter (CVR3251): Replace this filter at least annually, or more often as needed based on local water supply.
- Deionization Filter (CVR3252): Replace this filter and CVR3253 when system-mounted TDS meter "OUT" displays number ≥ 004 ppm.
- Deionization Filter (CVR3253): Replace this filter and CVR3252 when system-mounted TDS meter "OUT" displays number ≥ 004 ppm.
- Hyperfiltration Element (CVR3254): Replace whenever the system-mounted TDS meter “IN” displays number > 10% of the TDS of the municipal water supply TO the system, as measured with the included, handheld meter.
- Polishing Filter (CVR3255): Replace this filter at least annually, or more often as needed based on local water supply.
VistaPure filters have a new "look" and new model numbers! Click here to see the differences and an equivalency chart that lines up the older model numbers.
Checking the water quality with the provided TDS meters monthly will help you keep ahead of required filter changes. Please note that water should be running through the system when checking water quality using the system-mounted TDS meter. Simply run the VistaPure faucet for a few moments and the system will start to produce water and yield accurate results.