At least once per year and whenever filters are changed, sanitize the VistaPure™ Water Purification System. This process requires about one hour before the system is ready for use again.
Things you’ll need:
- One ounce (30 mL) of non-scented chlorine bleach per connected storage tank
- 35 cc (mL) syringe (included with each system)
- Clean cotton swab
- Turn off the main water supply to the system.
- Lock the chrome bottle faucet open to drain the tank completely, then close the faucet.
- Place one ounce (30 mL/cc) of 8.25% unscented chlorine bleach into a small cup.
- Dip one end of a clean cotton swab into the bleach, then carefully wipe the tip and inside edge of the faucet opening.
- Remove the cap from the tube on the injection port of the system manifold.
- Draw the chlorine bleach into the 35 cc syringe provided with the system and inject the bleach into the injection port tube.
- If more than one storage tank is connected to the system, use 30mL of bleach per connected storage tank.
- Draw a full syringe of plain water, then inject the water into the injection port tube and replace the cap.
- Turn on the water supply to the system and allow it to make water for 10 minutes.
- If more than one storage tank is connected to the system, allow the system to produce water for 10 minutes per storage tank before running the bleach solution through the system's chrome faucet.
- Open the chrome faucet until water emerges for a few seconds and bleach can be detected, then turn off the faucet.
- Let the system sit idle for another 20 minutes.
- Open the chrome bottle faucet and allow the water to run until all water has been drained from the tank.
- To rinse the tank, waterlines and faucet, close the faucet and allow the system to make water for at least 10 minutes.
- Open the chrome bottle faucet and allow the water to run until all water has been drained from the tank. Make sure that the water running from the faucet no longer has a noticeable bleach odor.
- Close the faucet and allow the system to make water and refill the tank completely.
The system is now ready for use.